How to add and manage Gmail Signature?
While it may not be essential for personal emails or when you are sharing funny cat videos with the family members, a lot of Gmail users like to have an email signature for business reasons. Rather than, entering your phone number or contact information every time, Gmail will do all the legwork for you. Because this is not a default option, you will need to move into your Gmail settings to add a Gmail signature or to change an existing Gmail signature.
Add a signature on your desktop
• First of all, start your favorite browser and log in to your Gmail account as you normally would
• Then, click on the Settings gear icon the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click on the See All Settings option
• Now, under the General tab, you will need to scroll down unless you see the Signature option. Click on the Create a New button when you see this option
• After that, in the dialogue box that pop-ups, enter a name for your new signature, and here, you will be taken back to the settings screen and a new text box will come next to the name of the signature. Enter your desired email signature into this text box
• In the end, when you are done with your signature then, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Save Changes option and your signature will now appear on all new messages and outgoing mail as well
Optional: Below the signature field, you will see a checkbox that asks you to add your signature before quoted text in email replies. It will make your signature more attractive and visible in the email threads. It is worth toggling on if you are using your email for professional correspondences or if you want your signature to remain visible in follow-up emails. This section below the signature field also has two drop-down menu options that let you choose if your signature shows up in new emails or in replies as well as forwarded emails.
Add a signature on your iOS or Android device
Email is no longer exclusive to the desktop iteration of Gmail. Specifically, in this modern era mobile computing, the colleagues might not realize that you are out of the office when you jump into email chains from mobile. You can add a signature to all outgoing emails on your Smartphone by using the Gmail app for iOS and Android.
You have to keep in mind that the application is quite provisional and you will not have as many customization features on mobile devices. Also, your signature will also only appear if you are using your Smartphone to send messages- you will have to set up the desktop signature individually.
To add the custom signature of Gmail on Mobile
• Download and start the Gmail app as you would normally
• Tap on the Three Horizontal Lines appears in the upper-left corner
• Tap on Settings in the resulting panel and tap on the Account you want to add a signature for
• For iOS devices, you will need to tap on Signature Settings and toggle the slider appears beside Mobile Signature. Tap on the Mobile Signature option appears under the General section (For Android)
• Enter your signature and corresponding details
• On the iOS (when you are done, tap on Back to save your advanced-minted signature). On Android: When finished then, tap on Ok
When you are done then, you will need to follow the above-given steps to add the signature. Call on Gmail toll free number to get connected with the technical experts for any help. The teams are available all the time to help you in any manner they can.