The quick way to configure AOL Mail Settings:
If you have an account with AOL then, you can configure GroupMail mailing list software with the AOL email settings below for sending your newsletters and other group emails via the AOL SMTP mail server. In this guide, we will discuss the exact ways to configure AOL Mail Settings and do accordingly. You also can on AOL Support Number UK to get in touch with the technical team to know more if you are new to this email service.
Just add these AOL Email Settings to GroupMail
1. First of all, add your user information and specify how you want to check yourself to your recipients and add your AOL email address and the email address from where you want replies to be sent. The content in the Organization and Name field is what will appear in the From the domain of your emails. You can leave the Organization field blank. If you do put something here, it will display (in parentheses) after the content which you have in the Name field.
2. Enter the AOL SMTP mail server address (smtp.aol.com), check the “Requires Authentication” box, and click on Setup. You can also set the delivery connections number and delivery pauses on this screen
3. Check the “Use SMTP Authentication (outbound) section, keeping the default AUTH LOGIN type and enter your AOL screen name and password which are linked with the AOL Account. After that, click on OK and you will go back to the Delivery Options tab
4. Click the “Advanced” option appears at the bottom of the Delivery Options tab and change the SMTP Port from the default 25 to 587. It is also a great idea for adding a custom domain. For AOL, the custom domain would easily be aol.com and click on Ok
That’s done there is to it. These AOL email settings will let you send messages via your AOL Outgoing email server
• Make sure that you have to click on Ok appears at the bottom of the Delivery Options screen for saving your current changes and settings. You can always go back for modifying any of these settings
• ISPs make changes at times. If you are facing any problems with these settings then, contacting AOL and ask them to make sure the SMTP settings that they want you to use.
Verify Your Settings at AOL:
• First of all, log into AOL on the web and locate to Account Info > Account Security
• If two-step verification is set to “On” then,
1. Temporarily enable two-step verification to Off (you might re-enable this back the account is set up in Postbox
2. On the left navigation panel, click on Personal Info, then click back to Account Security for refreshing the page
• Set Allow apps which use the less secure sign in to “On”
• Choose Manage app passwords and then, from the Select your app pull-down, select “Other App”
• In the text field labeled, Enter Customer name, enter “Postbox” and then, click on Generate button
• Copy the password offered as you will need this while postbox setup
Set up your AOL Account in Postbox
From the File menu just choose New > Mail Account
Enter your full name in the Your Name domain. Enter your AOL Mail email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Email Address domain, followed by the generated password from the steps that are given above and click on Continue
You are now back at the Account Settings screen and click on Ok
When you are done then, you have successfully changed your AOL Settings. Call on AOL Helpline Number UK to get connected to the technical experts for instant and reliable support if you are facing any issue. The teams are available 24x7 to help you in any manner they can.